Purchasing property, whether it’s your first home or your second, can be a source of stress. The process becomes even more intimidating when you’re simultaneously buying and selling. Balancing the search for the perfect deal on your current home while securing enough funds for a down payment on your new one can be challenging. Amidst it all, you also need to ensure you have a place to live. While contingency offers are an option, in today’s sellers’ market, sellers often prefer to avoid any restrictions and move forward with a buyer who doesn’t require contingencies, saving themselves from additional complications.
Don’t despair, there is another solution!
An Easy Move Cross Collateral Loan, available through WaFd Bank, lets you stay in your current home while you close on your new home. Then, after you’ve moved, you can sell your existing home without the pressure of accepting the first offer you get or feeling a tremendous time crunch.
The benefit of the Easy Move Cross Collateral Loan:
- Purchasing power to make a competitive offer on a new home.
- Ability to buy or build your dream home, before your current home is sold.
- Avoid the hassle of contingency loans.
- Flexibility to purchase your new home with up to zero down financing (which includes closing costs) depending on how much equity* you have in your current home.
- After the sale of your current home, you apply the proceeds to reduce your Easy Move Cross Collateral loan**.
- No pressure to sell your old home right away so you can get the best offer.
- No hassle of having to constantly show your home while you are living in it
Next Steps? Get Prequalified!
Prior to embarking on your search for a new home, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of your financial situation and establish a budget. With the assistance of WaFd Bank’s prequalification process, you can accurately determine the amount you can afford and effectively stay within your financial means. The existing mortgage balance you have is taken into account during this evaluation.
In the event that your ideal home is not currently available on the market, there’s no need to panic. The loan options provided by WaFd Bank are also applicable to new construction properties. Should you choose to proceed with a purchase, you will have a generous 90-day window to find your dream home. If, for any reason, this timeframe proves insufficient, simply inform us, and we will make efforts to extend your preapproval by another 90 days.
Whether you’re prepared to take the next step or would like to gather more information on the process of buying a new home before selling your current one, our knowledgeable team at WaFd Bank is readily available to offer their expertise and support.