RFQ General Contractor
Request for Qualifications
General Contractor Services
ARCH Community Housing Trust, Inc. (ARCH), an Idaho non-profit housing provider, located at P.O. Box 1292, Ketchum, Idaho 83340, is soliciting Qualifications from General Contractors to construct single family, duplex and fourplex homes in Blaine County, Idaho.
II. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The homes will vary in size and will constructed in Hailey and Bellevue, Idaho.. The homes, when complete must be affordable to households identified by ARCH.
- 3 Bedrooms, 2 bath rooms, laundry, kitchen and great room
- 1 Bedroom, 1 bath, laundry, kitchen and great room
- Each home will have a garage
- Exterior design will be consistent with neighboring homes and will meet all City building requirements
III. PREPARATION OF QUALIFICATIONS
Envelopes containing Qualifications shall be labeled as stated on cover page and must be presented so that they may be easily identified as containing a Response. Envelopes must include the following:
Name and address of responder
- Addressed to ARCH.
- Submit one written qualification (Oral or telephone modifications will not be considered.
To be considered as eligible to submit a Qualification, Responder must be legally licensed under applicable laws in the State of Idaho.
- Contractor must have demonstrated prior experience in building affordable housing in accordance with applicable codes, standards, rules and regulations and all state and federal requirements associated with affordable housing development.
- Responder must have appropriate insurance
- Responders must not be on the U.S. Department of HUD debarment list of excluded parties list
V. FORM OF QUALIFICATION
- Qualifications must consist of the following information in the order indicated below:
- Cover letter stating interest in the project with the signature of the duly authorized principal.
- Technical qualifications including valid Idaho contractor’s license number.
- Experience with similar projects involving single-family housing
- List of Professional/Owner References – unless the contractor is known to ARCH.
- Name and resumes of personnel directly assigned to this project.
VII. ACCEPTANCE OR REJECTION OF QUALIFICATION:
ARCH reserves the right to reject any and/or all Qualifications when such rejection is in the interest of ARCH. ARCH reserves the right to waive any information and technicalities in bidding. The contract will be awarded on the basis of the factors which are listed below. ARCH reserves the right, however, to award the contract in its best interest.
- Firm qualifications and experience
- Personnel qualifications
- Approach and capability
- Previous experience with similar type work and site control of land
VIII. GENERAL INFORMATION
Bid Qualifications will be received at the offices of
ARCH Community Housing Trust
160 2nd Street West, Suite 217
POB 1292 Ketchum, ID 83340
until 1:00 pm on Wednesday, October 20th.
Bid Qualifications received after the time and date stated will not be accepted. Qualifications received on time will be opened privately.
ARCH shall hold the bids for up to 5 days for purposes of reviewing the bid Qualifications. ARCH shall announce the successful responder on or before 7 days from the final date of receipt of qualifications.
Responders should carefully review the pre-requisites for bidding which will be adhered to when interviewing the bids. Bids will be evaluated to determine the responder that is responsive to the solicitation and is most advantageous to ARCH, price, capacity, experience, and other factors considered.
THE OWNER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO WAIVE IRREGULARITIES AND TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS.
Questions may be addressed electronically to Michelle Griffith email@example.com