RFP General Contractor Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The proposed projects will consist of a single-family home in Carey, Idaho. Residential builds will be constructed with a crawl space and wood frame construction. The unit will have 3 bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms. The unit will be constructed to meet federal “visitability” standards. The total residential square footage is approximately 1,200 square feet garage is a two-car garage. In addition to the structure, the contract will include all on and off-site improvements.
This project will be funded with U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development HOME funds, allocated by Idaho Housing and Finance Association under a special RFP and will be subject to specific federal and Idaho Housing guidelines and regulations related to this funding source.
Subject to the issuance of building permits, the Project is scheduled to begin construction in the fall of 2022.
Any questions or requests for clarifications to the Prequalification Documents must be submitted to:
ARCH Community Housing Trust
Ketchum, ID 83340
Prospective contractors shall submit one (1) Application and required attachments on or before Friday, September 23rd no later than 3:00 PM to:
ARCH Community Housing Trust
Attn: Michelle Griffith
No documents will be accepted after September 23 rdnd, 2022 at 3:00 PM. However, ARCH reserves the right to request, receive, and evaluate supplemental information after the above time and date at their sole discretion.
Contractors that submit Proposals will be notified the following week..
In order to be considered the contractor shall provide the following:
- Contractor’s Qualification Statement including per square foot construction costs, costs for site work and anticipated construction start and completion dates.
- Also, please address the following questions in detail:
- State the percentage of your business over the last 5 years that has been multi-family or townhome construction.
- Provide a list of all residential developments you have constructed in the last 5 years, including location, construction type and project characteristics, number of units, architect, owner/sponsor name and contact information.
- List the names of intended and possible project superintendents that may be assigned to this project and provide detail of their individual pertinent experience.
- Provide discussion of any formal training or seminars attended, or other practical experience, related to the Fair Housing Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards and other federal and state laws and regulations applicable to the construction of the proposed Project.
- Also please, respond to the following questions:
- In the last 5 years, has your organization or an affiliated company been sued for quality of construction, delayed delivery or contract disputes? If so, please detail each instance and the resolution of each instance.
- Detail any disputes with owners that have led to litigation during the last 5 years.
- Detail any current or pending disputes with owners that may lead to litigation.
- Provide discussion of any formal training, seminars or experience related to accessibility construction methods.
- Provide discussion of anticipated efforts to identify, proactively solicit and employ local contractors and businesses and, specifically sub-contractors who meet the Section 3 MWBE designations.
- Detailed documentation of Contractor’s experience with housing projects constructed using federal funds including, but not limited to, the following information:
- Provide a list of all housing developments completed in the last five years that were subject to Section 3 Requirements, Minority and Women-Owned Business Requirements.
- Provide documentation of Contractor process and procedures for meeting specific contractor certification and representation requirements for Section 3 Requirements and Minority and Women-Owned Business Requirements.
- Provide copies of sample subcontractor contracts and/or reporting documents related to Section 3 Requirements and Minority and Women-Owned Business Requirements.
Contractors known to ARCH need only respond to section A and section B V.
ARCH Community Housing Trust, Inc.